New Year’s Schedule, CalChoice, Telehealth Safe Harbor Extended, License Number Required On Emails, ACA Reporting, News & More
DICKERSON WEEKLY UPDATE
New Year’s Schedule
Happy New Year! We hope you have a happy and healthy new year!
Here’s our New Year’s schedule:
Friday, December 30th: Closing early at 3:00 PM
New Year’s (Observed): Closed January 2nd
CaliforniaChoice Q1 Updates
- New Networks – CalChoice has 2 new networks!
- New SmartCare HealthNet Network for SD and IE – Low-cost Sharp and Optum Access.
- Cigna+Oscar Open Access Plus National EPO– Uses the Large group Cigna Network
- Big News!
- CalChoice’s New Member Market Place is an easy way for employees to sign up for affordable supplemental plans!
- Cigna+Oscar Open Access Plus EPO for out-of-state employees is available in all 4 metallic tiers!
- Anthem EPOs and Advantage PPO Plan will sunset in 2023.
- No DE-9C promo – Will accept a prior carrier bill instead of DE9C if the prior carrier has 6 or more enrolled.
- Hot Plans!
- Anthem Priority Select and HealthNet Salud Y Mas- Savings for Scripps Access vs non-CalChoice carriers
- HealthNet SmartCare and Sharp Premier- low-cost access for Sharp
- Anthem Priority Select and HealthNet Smart Care low-cost options for Optum Access
- Kaiser- Rate and Benefits Parity, 12/1 and 1/1 Bonus $100 per subscriber
- Out of State- Prudent Buyer PPO Cigna+ Oscar Local Plus and Open Access Plus 1.1.2023
- 70% of new groups opting for all 4 metallic tiers
Contact your Dickerson Sales Rep for more information!
Legal Alert: Congress Set to Extend Telehealth Safe Harbor Beyond Calendar Year 2022
The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 is a new bill that includes a telemedicine safe harbor similar to the CARES Act. For plan years beginning on or before December 31, 2021, and 2022 for months beginning after March 31, 2022, and before January 1, 2023. The safe harbor allows high deductible health plans (HDHPs) to cover medical and behavioral health treatment before participants meet their deductibles (i.e., without cost sharing).
New Law Requires Licensees to Include Their License Number on Emails
Senate Bill (SB) 1242 added subsection (c) to Cal. Ins. Code which requires licensees to include their license numbers on emails involving an activity for which a license is required. This is so consumers can confirm that the person maintains an active license with the California Department of Insurance.
Starting January 1, 2023, resident and non-resident insurance producers, independent insurance adjusters, public insurance adjusters, and analysts must include their license number on emails.
Click here to read the notice from the California Insurance Commissioner
Plan For ACA Reporting Requirements
Do you have clients who need to complete ACA reporting? The deadline to file is coming fast, and if they plan to use a service for filing, now is the time to get started. If you have clients with questions on how to get started, HR Service, Inc is available to provide the answers and tools they need.
Click here to learn more about ACA reporting requirements.
DICKERSON INDUSTRY NEWS
Medicaid Expansion Linked With Improved Cancer Survival In Young Adults
Cancer is the fourth leading cause of death among young adults in America. Research shows that expanding Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is linked with better survival outcomes for young Americans newly diagnosed with cancer. Click here to read the full article.
To Attract In-Home Caregivers, California Offers Paid Training
As part of the $295 million initiative, officials said, thousands of classes, both online and in-person, will begin rolling out in January, focused on dozens of topics, including dementia care, first-aid training, medication management, fall prevention, and self-care. Caregivers will be paid for the time they spend developing skills. Click here to read the full article.