DICKERSON WEEKLY UPDATE
Anthem Small Group Spotlight
- Boost your commission with Anthem – 6% commission on new medical business for the life of the case when you sell any new Small Group with 8 or more enrolled employees for October 2022 to January 2023 effective dates! Click here for the flyer.
- Network Expansion – Anthem is adding the following providers to their Priority Select Network. UC San Diego, Palomar Health, and PIH Health will be added on 1/1/2023!
- 2023 Portfolio updates – Urgent Care on PPO will now align with the PCP benefit, providing lower copays. HMO and PPO will both match PCP copayment. Live Health Online continues to be covered at $0!
- New! Embedded Chiro benefit on HMO! – Now members can access providers through the American Specialty Health Network and there is no referral required. The benefit is a flat $15 copay with a 30-visit limit.
- NEW! HSA Gold PPO 1700/15% Prev RX
- Important dates for Q1 Renewals – January 2023 renewals will be released to the producer toolbox on 10/25, mailed to employers on 10/27, and will be released to EmployerAccess on 11/1!
- Anthem Mental Health Resources – Anthem has EAP resources to help with mental health and well-being. Click here for more information!
Contact your Dickerson Sales Rep for more information!
Covered California Bonus Program
Covered California is a partnership that pays! Earn up to $8,000 for enrolling a new small group with Covered California for Small Business with coverage effective now through 1/1/23!
Earn Extra When You Sell New Small Groups
Click here for more information!
ACA Reporting Guidelines
ACA reporting guidelines are a shared responsibility to be compliant. Clients need to make sure they complete the following tasks:
- Completing the employer’s ACA reporting forms
- Tracking and reporting full and part-time employees
- Logging into the benefits administration system to complete their ACA reporting
- Calculating their potential penalties and opining on how large or small they might be based on circumstance
- Calculating whether or not the employer is an ALE under the rules
- Responding directly to the IRS if they request more information
Click here for more information on ACA guidelines from the IRS
DICKERSON INDUSTRY NEWS
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Helped Fund The Development Of A New Drug For Treatment
The ALS Association said that $2.2 million of funds that were raised from the Ice Bucket Challenge went into funding the development and trial of the new drug that the Food and Drug Administration approved this week for treatment of ALS. Click here to read the full article.
California Doctors Can Now Be Disciplined For Spreading Covid Misinformation
Gov. Newsom signed a bill that will subject doctors to discipline and possible suspension of their licenses for spreading misinformation about the covid-19 pandemic to patients. Click here to read the full article.