DICKERSON WEEKLY NEWS
Anthem Special Enrollment Extension
Anthem extended the deadline for their Special Enrollment Period (SEP)!
You can submit a SEP case until noon 12/29/2021 for a 1/1/2022 effective date, however, the case MUST be clean with zero requirements.
Please submit your groups to Dickerson as soon as possible, at least 24 hours before Anthem’s deadline, so we can ensure your group is clean and complete.
Contact your Dickerson Sales Rep for more information!
Aetna Small Group Updates
Aetna shared some updates for small group. Here are the submission deadlines for Q1 and Q2 of 2022.
|Effective Date||IMQ Elite Submitted||Underwriting Quote Submitted||Sales Notice Submitted||All Required Documents Submitted|
Here are some other updates from Aetna:
- Better Customer Service Hours – Starting January 1st, the customer service team will be available 3 more hours every day. The new hours will be 8 am to 8 pm EST Monday through Friday.
- Less Paperwork Mailed To You – Beginning March 1st, Aetna will no longer mail a physical copy of the renewal document for renewed cases. You can find the renewal documents on Springboard® or Producer World.
New Year Legal Update
HR service, Inc organized upcoming changes and deadlines in this legal update. Learn more about the following topics:
- Compliance Dates (Future and Federal)
- Employment Provisions of New Infrastructure Law
- 2021 Plan Amendment Deadlines
- 2022 ACA Updates
- State Compliance Updates
Click here to read more.
DICKERSON INDUSTRY NEWS
Covered California Launches “Coverage Matters”
This media campaign will run across California to promote open enrollment and the increased financial help that is now available, which is lowering the cost of coverage for more people than ever before. Click here to read the full story.
Surge In Americans Skipping Medical Care
Nearly a third of Americans — triple the share since March— say they’ve skipped medical care for a health problem in the previous three months due to concerns about the cost, according to a new study from Gallup and West Health. Click here to read the full story.