DICKERSON WEEKLY NEWS
Aetna Q1 2022 Updates
- Sutter Health | Aetna performance network available to small group in Northern California in 2022
- HMO Deductible and OA EPO to be discontinued. Memberships will be moved to the following.
- HMO Deductible to Aetna Value Network HMO
- Open Access Elect Choice (EPO) to Open Access Managed Choice
- Savings Plus will be available in Fresno and Ventura (RA 15-19).
- Aetna Value Network HMO is now available in Ventura County (RA 12)
- Aetna Whole Health HMO is now available in Ventura and Kern County (RA 12 & RA 14)
Aetna Small Group Producer Reward Program
Get ready to earn more in 2022! New business sold with effective dates of January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022 can qualify for this reward. This is for groups with 1-100 eligible employees in California and fully insured Medical new business only.
|Total enrolled employees||Credit per enrolled employee||Additional Credit Per enrolled employee in an Aetna Whole Health or Sutter Health Aetna network plan|
|1 – 74||$50||$25|
In addition, producers will earn $8 per new Dental subscriber and $2 per new Vision subscriber when sold alongside a new Medical case.
Groups submitted through Dickerson are eligible!
Contact your Dickerson sales rep for more information!
Click here to learn more about the rewards program.
Recent Requirements Related to Benefits Coverage From our Friends at HR Service Inc.
The Consolidated Appropriations Act (“CAA”) of 2020 introduced several recent requirements and practices related to benefits coverage. The originally planned implementation date was at the end of 2021, and delays and changes have been recently announced. Here are some of the key points:
- The No Surprises Act protects patients from unexpected billing for out-of-network emergency medical care.
- Transparency in coverage rule was created to get people to make rate comparisons for health care services. Insurers are required to publish negotiated rates for services.
- HSA Contribution limit increases in 2022, and the out-of-pocket maximums for high deductible health plans will also increase.
- A new benefit plan audit standard was released. Implementation of SAS 136 was planned for December 15, 2020, but was delayed due to COVID until December 15, 2021. The Audit Report must be more transparent as to plan sponsor and auditor responsibilities.
- The Mental Health Parity Act requires that mental health care and substance abuse treatments are treated and paid on an equal basis as other medical or surgical care offered by a health care plan.
Click here to read the full article.
We’ve Got Everything you Need for a Successful Q4
For updates and tips to get you through the last quarter of 2021!
Read our Q4 Hot Topics
Need help with underwriting guidelines and promotions?
Visit our Enrollment Tools
Need a quote fast?
Click here for same-day quotes
Get forms on demand and enrollment kits from our Forms Finder
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re here to help.
Contact your Dickerson Sales Rep!
DICKERSON INDIVIDUAL UPDATES
Bright Health Announced 2022 Broker Commissions
Here are the 2022 broker commissions for Bright Health for new qualified health plan sales. (New members only)
California: $18 PMPM
Texas: $22 PMPM
Dickerson is an official GA for Bright Health in all of their states including recently added California.
Click here to get appointed with us!
CVS Minute Clinic Correction for L.A. Care Members
It was previously mentioned that CVS Minute Clinics are available to L.A. Care Covered Members at no cost. This information is incorrect. Minute Clinics are available in all Los Angeles County locations at the urgent care co-payment. Please refer to the L.A. Care Evidence of Coverage for details.
To learn more about the CVS Minute Clinic or to find a location, click here.
L.A. Care Expands Mission to Address Physician Shortage and Housing for the Homeless
L.A. Care launched initiatives to address broader problems in the community such as physician shortages and the increasing number of homeless people. Over the past year, L.A. Care gave $10 million to medical schools to help in training new physicians. In 2017 L.A. Care launched a housing initiative, contributing $20 million over 5 years to help create affordable housing projects for homeless Medi-Cal patients.
Click here to read the full article.
DICKERSON INDUSTRY NEWS
WHO Greenlights the World’s First Malaria Vaccine
The first vaccine is approved for use against Malaria and could have a major impact in places where the disease is a problem. Click here to read the full story.
Organ Centers are Asking Transplant Patients to get Vaccinated
A growing number of transplant programs have chosen to either bar patients who refuse to get vaccinated from receiving transplants or give them lower priority on crowded organ waitlists. Click here to read the full story.