Dickerson Update, January 29 – Heartland Integrates with Ease, Anthem Extends Life Rate Match Program and More!
Anthem Extends Basic Life Rate Match Program
Anthem announced that they’ve extended their Basic Life Rate Match program through 4/1/20 effective dates. Anthem will match competitors’ combined basic life/accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) and basic dependent life rates for qualifying groups.
Here’s how to qualify for this promotion:
- 10-100 lives
- Anthem-approved Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes
- Basic life benefits between $15,000 and $100,000 per individual insured
- Basic dependent life benefits of $10,000 spouse/$5,000 child or $5,000 spouse/$2,500 child
- Can’t currently have basic life/AD&D coverage with Anthem or had a policy cancelled within six months of the effective date
- Must meet defined underwriting guidelines and be 100% employer-paid
- Must provide copy of competitor’s life invoice
For all pertinent details, click here.
Health Net Releases Updated Q2 2020 Rates
Health Net released updated Q2 2020 rates. Rates are 1% lower than what they shared back in December due to the repeal of the health insurer’s fee, as requested by CDI and DMHC regulators. See below for additional details:
- Medical: 0.1% decrease for PPO and EnhancedCare PPO, 0.4% increase for HMO and HSP plans
- Vision, Dental: No rate or plan changes at this time
- Life: No rate or plan changes at this time
- Optional Chiro: No rate or plan changes at this time
PPO and EnhancedCare PPO
HMO and HSP
Percentages shown above compare Q2 2020 rates to Q1 2020 rates.
Rates quoted are pending completion of regulatory review.
For more information, please contact your Dickerson Account Executive.
Heartland Integrates with Ease: Learn how to Maximize the Benefits
Dickerson now offers Heartland Payroll and HR Services, which is why we want to show you how to make the most of their offerings. We’re hosting webinars where you can learn about Heartland’s integration with the Ease broker network. You’ll learn how to navigate the system, self-service features, and more.
There are two dates to choose from:
Tuesday, February 18 at 1:00 PM. Register here.
Thursday, February 20 at 9:00 AM. Register here.
We hope to see you at one of these sessions!
In the News
240 Evacuees from Chinese Coronavirus Epicenter to Land in California
240 US citizens leaving Wuhan, China will arrive at Ontario International Airport in San Bernardino Wednesday, January 29. The US government is currently evacuating government employees and US citizens who have been in areas in China where the coronavirus is breaking out.
Passengers will be screened several times before, during, and after the flight for symptoms of the disease. Evacuees who exhibit symptoms at any point during travel will not be allowed to enter the continental United States.
For the full story, click here.