- Q4 quarterly rate change: PPO 1.8%, HMO 1.8%. Rate actions vary by region and network.
- Groups may be able to reduce their premiums by 3% to 12% by switching to Tandem PPO plans from Full PPO plans. Or, by changing their current HMO plan to a Trio HMO plan, groups can reduce their premiums by 11% to 32%, varying by region and plan selection.
- Anthem Blue Cross added two new HMO options, Gold HMO B and Silver HMO B, that took affect 9/1/2019.
- Kaiser Permanente added a new HMO option, Silver HMO A, for 1/1/2019. It includes the Full Network.
- UnitedHealthcare added a new HMO option, Gold HMO D, for 1/1/2019. It includes the Advantage Network.
- Average rate changes for new sales are as follows:
- HMO Metal Plans: +3%
- PPO Metal Plans: 0%
- Dental Plans: 0%
- New Silver HMO 1900/55 + Child Dental Alt plan, which connects the gap between their current bronze and silver offerings. The biggest impacts with this plan are the out-of-pocket maximums.
Open enrollment begins on October 15th. And Dickerson’s Individual Market brings you more opportunities to sell big this quarter. So, make sure you’re appointed with the following carriers for an opportunity to get at some extra commission.
With Covered California announcing a .8% rate increase for 2020 (the lowest rate change in five years), now is the time for consumers to capitalize on rates and get coverage.
Consumers interested in signing up can visit the Covered California website here.
New business $20 pmpm
Renewals $20 pmpm
New business $18.75 pmpm
Renewals $15 pmpm…
And this just in: Molina announced a new broker bonus for agents who write at least 50 members total in CA, FL, SC and TX. Brokers will get $50 for each member. And brokers don’t have to write 50 in each state.
New business $18 pmpm