Dickerson is coming back to you with more industry updates! Check out the below reminders from our carrier partners about ongoing promotions, coverage options and more. Q3 is booming with opportunities, don’t miss out!
Click here to view as a webpage.
- DE9C not required with 6 or more enrolling. Groups with prior coverage must submit prior carrier bill.
- Valid Waivers: Individual coverage both on and off the Exchange will be accepted as a valid waiver
- Dual HMO Networks. Groups can select both HMO networks to be offered alongside each other
- Anniversary changes. Anniversary changes are available once in a 12- month period using the Anniversary Month Change Form. (New benefits and rates may apply)
Blue Shield of California and Stanford Health have signed a new multi-year agreement effective June 1, 2018 for Stanford Medical Center and its physicians, and Affinity Medical Group.
Blue Shield’s website provides members easy access to account information and online tools to manage their health plan from any device, such as:
- Look up cost share/copayments whenever and wherever they need to
- Find information about preventive and wellness programs
- View plan formularies and learn how to save money with preferred pharmacies
Members can also download the free mobile app for convenient access to health plan benefits and where they can search for a provider, check claims status, and pull up their Blue Shield member ID card at any time that their coverage is in effect. This can come in handy especially when a group is installed just before the effective date – members won’t have to wait for their ID cards to arrive in the mail.
Remember that only updated Blue Shield small group applications for 7/1/18 will be accepted beginning with 7/1/18 effective dates. Earlier versions, write-ins or cross-outs are not accepted. To download current versions of carrier forms, visit our Forms Finder here.
Just a reminder that only updated Cal Choice small group applications for 7/1/18 will be accepted beginning with 7/1/18 effective dates. Earlier versions, write-ins or cross-outs will not be accepted. To download current versions of carrier forms, visit our Forms Finder here.
In Q3, Health Net will include a rate pass for PPO & EnhancedCare PPO plans and -0.7% for HMO & HSP plans.
Don’t forget that there is no DE9C, payroll, or prior carrier bill for groups of 10 or more eligible employees that enroll a minimum of 10 active subscribers. For groups of 6 or more eligible employees that enroll a minimum of 6 active subscribers, Health Net will accept a prior carrier bill in place of a DE9C.
MediExcel has introduced Dependent Only Coverage, a new coverage option that allows the primary subscribing employee to enroll in their company sponsored U.S. Health Plan and enroll dependents in a MediExcel Health Plan.
- Subscriber can enroll in both U.S. coverage & MediExcel. MediExcel provides immediate premium credit for subscriber.
- Employer must offer both U.S. carrier and MediExcel Health Plan.
- Minimum of 1 enrolled employee per group.
- Affordable premiums with $0 deductibles
- Available with all MediExcel Health Plans.
For more information, please contact your Dickerson Account Executive.